How to Buy Land Cheap
Many Internet land sales companies offer to sell you land that they bought cheap, but very little advice is ever given on how to buy land cheap yourself. It is common for land companies to acquire 160 aces, and then subdivide the land into 32 five-acre lots for resale. But seldom do these land companies offer to tell the five-acre lot buyers how they, themselves, can acquire 160 acres.
In reality there aren’t many “secrets” of how to buy land cheap; instead it just requires detailed “execution.” First, determine where you want to acquire cheap land, and then take the following steps.
- Place “land wanted” advertisements in small local newspapers.
- Subscribe to small local newspapers and monitor “land for sale” advertisements.
- Contact the local farm bureau and cattlemen’s association and place ads in their monthly publications.
- Contact local real estate brokers and tell them what you are looking for.
- Notify the local banks and farm credit bureaus that you would be interested in acquiring any cheap land that might be in default.
- Get a list of property owners from the county assessor and mail out post cards offering to purchase their land.
- Contact the county tax collector and see how to buy land cheap through tax defaults.
- Surf the Internet looking for companies that specialize in wholesaling large tracts of cheap acreage.
To view opportunities on how to buy land cheap, CLICK HERE